Sunday, February 28, 2010

Puff Adder, Muldersdrift

I love things like this because they absolutely never happened in Dublin. Anyone who knows me will know i love snakes, so i was very excited when driving home from Muldersdrift this afternoon at around 16h00 to sopt this little guy crossing valley farm road just before Beyers Naude. This is quite a busy road so i was somewhat supprised. I pulled over and was walking towards him when another car came down the road straight for him. Amazingly the guy saw me waving and swerved to avoid him - allowing me to shoo him off the road and into some think bush.

Not that Mr Puffie seemed to appreciate it, he was like a mamba on tik and without tools was difficult to get closer than a meter or so, none the less i managed to snap this pic on my cell phone. Sorry for the poor pic, mobile phones arn't great ... but as you can see he is quite a pretty puffie for this area:

No comments:

Post a Comment